Thursday 22 October 2015

Fonts and colour palettes

In today's lesson we talked a bit about fonts, texts and colour palettes. Since we have to add some kind of text in the illustrations, we looked at the meaning of different types of fonts (and colours)
I really like hand-written fonts, mostly because they seem more intimate, they communicate more to the viewer (to me, at least)
The website I mostly checked is called Font Squirrel and it has plenty of really nice fonts! 

Rock Salt


Tkachenko Sketch 4F


1942


CarbonType


ElliotSix 


These are some of the fonts I really enjoyed (and some of them will be probably used for my project).

_________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding palette colours, we talked a bit about colours in general and then the different between RGB and CYMK. We had to search for a proper palette for the project so I came out with this:


I really like this combination of colours, I will probably use it!

Talking about colours, my favourite colour palettes are usually really warm. There is this website, Adobe Color, where you can see "themed" palettes created by other people and lots of them are quite good! 

There is another website called TinEye Labs and it's kinda amazing! You just set colour palettes and it searches images from the web with the same combinations. (it's not really relevant for the project, but it is really cool) 

And these are some of the colour palettes I usually pick for my drawings.


As I said earlier, I really like warm colours, so I use them pretty often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment