Thursday 1 October 2015

First Assignments

I started uni just this week, because I was busy moving to Bolton the one before (I actually have to do more stuff yet).
Thursday's lesson is about Employability and Enterprise. This blog was created for the purpose of showing my progress during the weeks. Since last week I couldn't work on it, I'm trying to do what I didn't before. I created a Twitter account along with this blog, where I'll post sketches and drawings... basically what I post here!

Today we talked in more depth about the proper assignment, so I was doing some research! I decided the theme I will use, and it's the Escape Room. I love this mystery/puzzle-solving genre and I can't wait to sketch something!

Here's some images I found on the internet:








This are some of the scenarios in the Escape Room games! I also thought about a Nintendo DS game that's about escaping rooms (and possibly not dying). The game is called Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) and I was thinking of taking inspiration from that art style



I was also thinking about what kind of font to use. I searched "mysterious and dark" fonts, they are suited for the task. 



And I took a look at the colour palette of the Escape Room logo:


It's yellow, black and white. These are the main colours I will use for my illustrations. 

1 comment: